Open Directory RDF Dump
RDF dumps of the Open Directory database are available for download.
Note that these files can be quite large. Your browser may have difficulty downloading these: it may try to uncompress it for you; it may try to interpret it for you. You may be reasonably confident that the problem is not on this end.
Changes to the format of the RDF files are documented here. Be sure to check it frequently.
If you have questions about downloading ODP data, visit the FAQ in the ODP help area.
Use of the Open Directory data is subject to the terms of the Open Directory License.
All of the files that we provide are here. Some of the more common ones are listed below. You should probably use the UTF-8 files (ones with .u8 in the name) if you can. The raw files will probably go away at some point.
- structure.rdf.u8.gz - category hierarchy information [short example]
- content.rdf.u8.gz - links within each category [short example]
- RDF specification at W3
- catmv.log.gz - category move history
You may also be interested in data from this site (part of the ODP):
and these sites (not part of the ODP; please contact them directly if you have comments or questions):
- musicmoz.org provides categorized data about music -- bands and artists, genres, and so on -- under a similar free-use license.
- Wikipedia provides encyclopedia and dictionary data under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- thumbshots.org provides thumbnail snapshots of sites in the ODP's RDF dump, for use under a similar license.
- hostip.info provides free geocoding of IP addresses.